- He is the person behind this Website, has been
responsible for the technicalities, and for the
recordings made by Ulrich Stærk, Jesper Madsen and the Esbjerg Ensemble.
- As a theoretician of music he has presented his views on Langgaard's
little piano sonata Ordrup
and on the strange endings of two
- Born in Sønderborg in 1943. Studied the flute in Århus
and Copenhagen (diploma), as well as
Theory of Music and History of Music (M.A.)
- Employed as a Senior Lecturer in the Theory and History of Music
at the West Jutland Academy of Music.
- Leader of
The West Jutland Academy of Music Electronic Music Studio
- Author of the book Per Nørgårds Tonesøer (1992)
- Leader of the project, The Electronic School of Music,
a distance learning project about musical
arrangement and composition, which has been running since
- Working at the moment on the design of a new course
in music for the blind and weak-sighted, Music Profile Course,
making use of new technology.
- Has been composing electronic and instrumental
music since 1980, including Lydserier
til meditation (Sound Series for Meditation) and chamber music such as Presenza
and Seven Sections. Many of the works contain visual elements: Radii aurati
is accompanied by a series of slides of the sky and clouds;
the orchestral work Tre skulpturer -
musik til Robert Jacobsen (Three Sculptures - Music to accompany Robert Jakobsen) is a musical
description of three existing sculptures.
- Taovisioner (Tao Visions) (1989) is electronic music to
accompany the ten large paintings by Richard Mortensen at the
Trapholt Museum of Art, where the music can be heard; Louisiana
Lydbilleder (Louisiana Pictures) (1993) is electronic music with computer
- Has recently published a CD entitled THING WA -
music inspirered by Tibetan prayer beads.